Up & Coming Destinations: Spotlight on South America
Are you always on the lookout for the next hottest destination to visit? Travelers from around the world are packing their bags and heading to South America for an exciting vacation experience like none other. Not only is Brazil hosting the Summer Olympics, but the continent is home to a broad spectrum of attractions making this destination an appealing vacation option. From the relics of ancient civilizations in the West to lively beaches and cities in the East, find the perfect South America cruise to suit your travel interests!
Cruising South America
A variety of top luxury cruise lines sail to South America, taking travelers from the Galapagos Islands to the Southern tip and beyond to Antarctica. Typical itineraries will take you along either the West or Eastern coasts, so knowing what each has to offer is a great place to start when planning your next cruise.
- ECUADOR – One of Ecuador’s main attractions lies off of the country’s coast in the form of the Galapagos Islands. Cruises to the islands will let you follow in Darwin’s footsteps where unique animal, plant, and bird species led to his breakthrough of natural selection in The Origin of Species. Witness the same astounding wildlife as you hike, dive, and snorkel around the islands, experiencing unforgettable moments with blue-footed boobies, sea turtles, and more.
- PERU – Peru is the gateway to the Incan Civilization and the region’s ancient past. From the fascinating abandoned settlement of Machu Picchu high up in the Andes to the intrigue of the Nazca Lines, there are plenty of archeological sites to explore upon disembarking. Ancient history has paved the way for vibrant modernity in the country’s capital, however, and Lima is a culinary and arts mecca.
- CHILE – Travel down the long coast of Chile where a sprawling cityscape at the country’s lively capital morphs into the rising fjords, glacial lakes, and forests of Patagonia. Whether exploring museums, café, and bars in the neighborhoods of Santiago or colonies of the Magellanic penguin in Punta Arenas, Chile’s astonishing range of scenery is sure to make a lasting impression.
- BRAZIL – A country that’s been in the spotlight as the host of major sporting events in recent years will step into the light once more next August as the 2016 Summer Olympics begin. The stage will be set at Rio de Janeiro and this world-class city will welcome hundreds of athletes and countless more spectators for a month of exciting competition! Cruising to Brazil affords opportunities to kick back Rio’s famed beaches, discover the treasures of the Amazon, and more.
- URUGUAY – Sophistication meets paradise in the small but charming country of Uruguay. Sail to the main attractions of Montevideo and Punta Del Este where colorful colonial architecture, artistic heritage, and glamorous beaches await. From vineyards and yacht-filled marinas to chic beachfront boutiques, it’s hard not to get lost in the allure of Uruguay’s coastal hotspots.
- ARGENTINA – Like Chile, the vast expanse of coastline along Argentina is a fascinating mix of cityscapes and natural wonders. In the country’s capital of Buenos Aires, you can experience the artistic scene and colorful vibe of the city where the tango was born. Outside of the city, scenery such as the Iguazu Falls or the panoramic steppes, grasslands, and deserts of the Argentinian side of the Patagonian region.
Whether you’re a sports fan, history buff, or nature lover, unforgettable experiences await in South America in 2016. Learn more about luxury sailings to this trending destination and contact an Avoya Travel Independent Travel Expert to start planning your ideal itinerary today!