Grand Italian Experience with Trafalgar Tours
Overnight flight to Rome.
Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City! Unwind after your journey. Later, enjoy a Welcome Reception with your companions and your Travel Director, an expert on history and culture. Then take an orientation drive to see the Tiber and St. Peter's Basilica a perfect introduction to this magical city.(Welcome Reception)
Your expert Local Guide gives an excellent historical insight during your included tour of the Vatican. Visit the Sistine Chapel, featuring amazing frescoes by Michelangelo, and St. Peter’s Basilica. View the Forum, centre of daily life in ancient Rome, and the Circus Maximus, renowned for chariot races. Visit the mighty Colosseum and hear epic tales of gladiatorial combat! Spend free time afterwards exploring on your own or relax at a pavement café and watch the world go by!(Buffet Breakfast)
Drive eastwards through the spectacular Abruzzi Mountains to the Alberobello region near the Adriatic coast, where you dine this evening at your hotel.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
See the unique limestone houses – trulli – during your orientation of the town of Alberobello. In the beautiful town of Lecce, your guided sightseeing tour includes the stunning basilica and the monumental Piazza del Duomo.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
Follow the scenic coast past Bari and towards the Gulf of Salerno. In Sorrento, see the Piazza Tasso and Corso Italia, famous for its boutiques and cafés. Tonight, enjoy a delicious Be My Guest dinner at a family-run restaurant perched high above the Bay of Naples, surrounded by lemon groves.(Buffet Breakfast / Be My Guest dinner)
Watch a demonstration at an inlaid wood workshop, followed by a cruise to the beautiful Isle of Capri. See Capri town and view the Faraglioni Rocks and Marina Piccola during your guided walking tour. Visit the Piazzetta where the rich and famous sip their cappuccinos, and spend free time in Anacapri overlooking the town. Dine tonight at your hotel.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
Experience a guided walking tour of Pompeii’s excavations, which lay buried for centuries after Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD. Visit the Commonwealth War Cemetery near Monte Cassino. Through the hills of Frascati and Umbria you arrive at Assisi on the slopes of Mount Subasio.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
Your expert Local Guide takes you on a morning walking tour of Assisi. Visit St. Francis’ Basilica featuring frescoes by Giotto, and the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli. Cross the Apennines to Classe. Visit the Church of St. Apollinaris and admire the famous mosaics. Arrive later in the magical Byzantine city of Venice, Queen of the Adriatic.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
Venice is a very special city. View the Bridge of Sighs, Doge’s Palace and St. Mark's Basilica during your cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square. Watch a demonstration of Murano glass-blowing at one of the island’s oldest workshops. Spend free time afterwards shopping, or perhaps enjoy a local seafood lunch on the Island of Burano.(Buffet Breakfast)
Traverse the Veneto plains to Cortina d'Ampezzo in the Dolomites - a winter sport resort which hosted the Winter Olympics in 1956. See the world-famous Olympic ski-jump and spend the rest of the day relaxing in the mountains.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
Cross the great northern plain to Milan – a centre of world fashion. See the Duomo, the Galleria, and the famous La Scala Opera House on your walking tour with your expert Local Guide. Free time afterwards is an opportunity to visit museums or shop in exclusive boutiques!(Buffet Breakfast)
Explore the Carthusian Abbey in Pavia with guided commentary from one of the monks (when available). Pass Genoa, Columbus’ birthplace, en route to the Italian Riviera. From Santa Margherita, cruise to nearby Portofino (weather permitting), an internationally renowned resort, before arriving at your hotel.(Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)
You are free today to explore this famous Ligurian resort. Relax or consider an excursion to the beautiful Cinque Terre.(Buffet Breakfast)
Drive south into Tuscany and the Renaissance city of Florence. Your walking tour with an expert Local Guide includes the magnificent Duomo, Giottos’ Bell Tower and the Baptistery. View the Ponte Vecchio, one of Florence’s most famous landmarks. You might like to shop for high quality leather and 18-carat gold, or simply relax and enjoy the atmosphere.(Buffet Breakfast)
Past the sprawling vineyards of Chianti you arrive at the medieval city of Siena. See the Piazza del Campo, scene of the annual Palio horse races, and the Cathedral. Your time is then free to shop for souvenirs and Tuscan specialities before returning to Rome. Celebrate the end of your holiday this evening with your companions at a Farewell Dinner.(Buffet Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)
After breakfast, say 'arrivederci' to Rome and your newfound friends at the end of your Grand Italian experience. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.(Buffet Breakfast)
Tour Sightseeing Highlights
- Rome View the Forum and Circus Maximus. Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum.
- Alberobello Orientation of the town including trulli limestone houses.
- Lecce Sightseeing includes the Basilica and Piazza del Duomo.
- Sorrento Orientation includes Piazza Tasso and Corso Italia.
- Isle of Capri Orientation includes views of the Faraglioni Rocks.
- Pompeii Guided tour of the excavations.
- Monte Cassino Visit the Commonwealth War Cemetery.
- Assisi Visit St. Francis' Basilica.
- Classe Visit the Church of St. Apollinaris to see the mosaics.
- Venice Canal cruise by private launch. View St. Mark's Square, Doge's Palace and more.
- Cortina d Ampezzo Visit this ski resort.
- Milan Orientation includes the Duomo and La Scala Opera House.
- Pavia Visit the Carthusian Abbey.
- Portofino Cruise to this exclusive resort on the Italian Riviera.
- Florence View Signoria Square, the Duomo and the Ponte Vecchio. City views from Piazzale Michelangelo.
- Siena Orientation includes the Piazza del Campo and the marble Cathedral.
- Welcome Reception including light snacks and Welcome Drinks with your Travel Director in Rome.
- 15 hot buffet breakfasts.
- 7 three-course dinners with local wine.
- Be My Guest Dinner in Sorrento.
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Rome.
First Class Travel Highlights
- First class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and onboard restroom
- The services of one of our professional Travel Directors throughout your journey.
- A qualified Local Guide in Rome, Pompeii, Assisi, Milan and Florence.
- Audio headsets for all guided visits and included sightseeing
- Cruise to the Isle of Capri.
- Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map
Sorry, there are no deals for this tour.