7 Things You'll Love About Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Cruises’ first Edge Class ship is an epic vacation experience that delivers beyond expectations. It is like no other ship at sea with countless innovations from the industry-first Magic Carpet to the unique Eden venue. We’ve highlighted seven things you’ll love onboard this Celebrity mega-ship that our Avoya team members had the opportunity to experience firsthand. Read on for tips, advice, and the top things to love onboard Celebrity Edge…
1. Luxurious Suites
From exclusive menus, outdoor areas, spacious and modern accommodations, there’s nothing quite like the luxurious amenities you can experience in any of the suites onboard Celebrity Edge. If an ideal vacation for you means enjoying extra privacy away from large crowds and lengthy wait times, staying in a suite is the way to go.
Only and all suite guests get to enjoy The Retreat, which includes a full-sized pool and hot tub. They also have exclusive access to The Retreat Lounge (open 24/7), concierge service, and Luminae, with menus created by Michelin-starred chef, Daniel Boulud.
Each suite provides an incredible ambience and features amazing décor and amenities, but the Sky Suite is especially spacious and includes a large king-sized bed that faces the floor-to-ceiling window that opens to a private veranda.
- Tip: Connection options are available for families and friends that want to stay closer together. If you’re considering a suite, ask your travel agent for these types of accommodations.
More Staterooms to Try:
Infinite Verandas – If you enjoy fresh air, ocean views and don’t want to miss a second of the outdoors, the Infinite Veranda cabins offer a full-sized window that opens with the touch of a button, making your entire cabin feel like it’s a balcony! Fun Fact: These balconies are 23% larger than the ones onboard Solstice Class veranda staterooms.
Ocean View – If you’re looking for a more economical option, but still want to enjoy scenic views, Ocean View staterooms offer extravagant amenities including the exclusive Celebrity Cashmere Bedding Collection and spacious living areas.
2. Magic Carpet
This is like nothing you’ve ever experienced at sea. The Magic Carpet floating venue moves up and down the side of the ship and provides different purposes for guests including a dining venue, a party space, or a platform for boarding tenders – depending on the time of day and what deck the Magic Carpet is stopped at.
From any deck of the ship, on the Magic Carpet you’ll get unique perspectives of dreamy stretches of ocean waves. Sit back and relax with a refreshing cocktail or treat yourself to a seaside dinner.
- Tip: On deck 5 and 16, you can enjoy the best of Celebrity’s cuisine, on deck 14 you can watch live musical performances and indulge in creative libations during happy hour or go down to deck 2 to the Destination Getaway, where you can learn more about your ports of call and disembark on an adventure.
- Tip: Be sure to check out the Magic Carpet on days at sea. It’s typically stationed at deck 5 and you can order delicious food!
3. Best Cruise Restaurants and Venues
The culinary experience onboard all Celebrity Cruise ships is well-known as one of the best overall among the industry and Celebrity Edge is no different. They offer 29 distinct dining, lounge, and bar venues so Edge cruisers have more than enough options for indulging during their vacations.
They focus heavily on the details of each meal, striving to add an interesting or dramatic element to every dish and drink they make. They have won countless culinary awards in the industry including for their emphasis on providing the best quality wines.
Top Restaurant to Try:
Le Grand Bistro – Inspired by classic French bistros, this mouthwatering restaurant offers enticing French cuisine. Like most things onboard the Edge, you can expect a memorable experience at this venue that is designed to impress with variety of seating with views available, and delicious meals to choose from.
- Tip: Don’t miss Le Petit Chef! Celebrity takes innovative dining to new heights and adds a wonderful spectacle for families to enjoy with this augmented reality dining experience. Perfect for families, this will put a smile on your face as you watch four mini, virtual chefs from Italy, Spain, France, and Japan cook you a meal from each respective region of the world. Le Petit Chef gets rave reviews and can be experienced every evening in Le Grand Bistro.
- Tip: For drinks head to the Martini Bar. You won’t be able to miss this dazzling venue that catches the eye with its bright and glittering backdrop, and bartenders who use their skills to create unique cocktails as they put on a show in true Edge fashion.
- Tip: Make sure to make restaurant reservations early or even before you board the ship. Restaurants fill up quick.
Here’s a list of the specialty and complimentary restaurants to help you plan your restaurant hopping…
- Complimentary: Eden Café, Spa Café and Juice Bar, Oceanview Café, Mast Grill
- Specialty: Fine Cut Steakhouse, Le Grand Bistro, Raw on 5, Magic Carpet, Dinner on the Edge, Rooftop Garden Grill, Eden Restaurant
4. Modern Interior Design
This ship is modern luxury at its finest. Onboard Celebrity Edge, you’ll feel as if you’re staying in a posh hotel, combined with transformative venues that present new experiences, fully immersive entertainment, and tranquil accommodations. Ideal for gen x and millennials, this ship is truly a unique vessel designed for those intrigued by artistic structures you’d see in big cities like Paris or New York.
If you love technological innovation, then you will love all the boundaries that the Edge pushes. From its unique outward-facing design to the industry-first Magic Carpet that reaches heights of 13 stories above sea level, Celebrity Edge breaks from traditional ship design.
The captivating visual aesthetic of the ship is most on display when you travel to the world of Eden, where nature meets theatrical entertainment. By day the setting is playful, and you can refresh by the green and beautiful spaces, then by evening this space turns into a sinful ambiance and is perfect for enjoying cocktails (we recommend the forbidden apple).
- Tip: For the best examples of innovative design onboard the ship checks out the Magic Carpet, the Rooftop Garden, and Le Petit Chef!
5. Open-Air Pool Deck
When you’re not exploring in your ports of call, this is the next best place to be during your vacation. You can take a dip in the spacious 25-yard lap pool, sunbathe and lounge in one of the cabanas, or head to the top deck and relax in the martini-glass shaped hot tubs. This is the type of luxury that is tough to beat.
6. Celebrity Edge App
For an easier and smoother cruise experience, download the Celebrity Edge App. This makes life onboard that much better by avoiding long lines with easier check in and a map to help you find your way around the ship.
Before setting sail, you can speed up your embarkation process and complete your online check-in and review cruise details.
Once onboard, you can use the app as your key into your stateroom and it includes stateroom control capabilities so that you can adjust settings in your room with the touch of a button (talk about modern luxury travel). Spend more time having fun and planning less.
Make reservations for shore excursions and dining and save all the venues, shows, and activities you would like to experience in your personal calendar. If you’re traveling in a group or as a family and want to meet up, you can use the chat feature to communicate while onboard, free of charge and Wi-Fi is not required.
7. Celebrity Edge Sailings
The Edge entered one of the most exciting seasons ever for Celebrity in Europe and the Mediterranean. These regions have not seen a ship like this before. She’s the first ship to feature the unique outward facing design. On Celebrity Edge, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the exciting ports you’ll visit.
Explore our top deals and itineraries here or read on for a few of the most popular itineraries…
- 7-night Italy, France, Monaco and Spain with stops in Rome, Naples, Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo, Cannes, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona.
- 10-night western Mediterranean with stops in Rome, Naples/Capri, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, the brand-new port Santa Margherita, and Florence/Pisa.