Sedona Resorts and Road Trips to the Grand Canyon
3-Minute read | March 2021
If you are an outdoor person who loves unique views and enjoys scenic hikes, or just looking for a breath of fresh air away from the confines of quarantine, Sedona is an ideal option for a vacation to take now.
It’s only a few hours drive from Sedona to the South entry point of the Grand Canyon, which means you can have a relaxing golf day surrounded by Boynton Canyon views at the front half of your vacation while lodging at a luxury Sedona resort.
In the latter half of your trip, you can include breathtaking experiences like a helicopter ride into the Grand Canyon or boating on the Colorado River. If you want to extend even more, make a stop in the middle at the charming town of Flagstaff – home to the tallest mountain range in Arizona, the San Francisco Peaks.
Finance your vacation through Uplift so you don’t have to put your Sedona vacation on hold. Book now and pay later!
Grand Canyon Cruises and Helicopter Tours from Sedona
There aren’t many ways to make the Grand Canyon even more stunning than it already is, but a helicopter flight into the canyon is one of the few ways to make it more unique. Fly into the canyon for a rare view of the world landmark all the way to the Colorado River.
There you can ride a pontoon boat down the breathtaking river. This is one of the best and most unique ways to explore the 6,000-foot-deep canyon, and a great way to spend a day before returning to beautiful Sedona.
Nearby Flagstaff is Worth Exploring Too
If you are including the Grand Canyon in your Sedona vacation, Flagstaff is a popular city to visit as well, and is on the way. Stroll through the charming downtown area stopping at microbreweries and cafes, visit Lowell Observatory, visit the Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course, or stop and grab a bite to eat at Heritage Square.
A Vacation Planner in the Avoya Travel NetworkTM can help you map out a trip that includes the perfect amount of these nearby destinations at the top hotels in the area. Call the number at the top of this page to be connected to a Vacation Planner in the Avoya Travel NetworkTM.
If you plan on only staying central to Sedona, here’s a few ideas to add to your itinerary while you are there…
Top 5 Things to Do in Sedona
- Hike the one-mile roundtrip trail, Cathedral Rock Hike. This is a popular trail is good for families and has great views of Mogollon Rim and Bell Rock.
- Try biking the Bell Rock Area Trails. This is a wonderful trail for first-timers because it has many flat straightaways, but no shortage of the red rock views that make Sedona iconic.
- Golf at OakCreek Country Club where the the fairways and greens are like what you see in PGA Tournaments, with beautiful red cliffs and blue skies surrounding you.
- Stay at a Spa Resort like Enchantment Resort and unwind for a full day at an adults-only spa with meditation and massage therapies.
- Wine taste at Page Springs Cellars – one of the best wineries in the area and even offers creekside massages and tours of the vineyard.
Why You Should Use a Travel Agent for Your Sedona Trip…
Travel Agents, or Vacation Planners, as we refer to them in the Avoya Travel NetworkTM have never been more helpful than they are today. The pandemic has caused confusion and raised many questions for those seeking to travel safely.
A Sedona Vacation Planner can help answer your questions and structure a vacation that is good value and stress free. Call the number at the top of this page to speak to a Sedona expert!